Why become a member? ×

New GK410 RBX @ 400 watts

KASH

[quote name='Stewart' post='413182' date='Feb 18 2009, 03:52 PM']It's ideally suited (primarily because it can use the biamp feature of the 700/1001s)

Don't be overly concerned about the power ratings (I have a 1001 and use one or two Neo112s...)
If it sounds like it's having trouble, turn it down![/quote]

How do I know what the limit is though? I'll be always afraid to push it? lol

The 'limit' is frequently the level dictated by the drumkit, other instruments, the PA or the venue.

The 1001 is seriously powerful (verging-on dangerous...) I bought it because it was only a little more than a 700 at the time.

I can play large pubs without any PA support and I'm sure I could annihilate anyone else on the stage with ease - but that's never a requirement ;)

I can't see you ever approaching maximum output (particularly with a 410) in any circumstances... (Anywhere you could use those levels you'd be through the PA anyway).

The advice is still to use your ears to determine 'that's enough'.

P.S. Use earplugs - especially if you're playing around with your cables/effects pedals just in front of your cab (guess how I know...)