Why become a member? ×

Lefty

Lew-Bass

After finding a bass I thought I'd go for, the price randomely hiked up £90 on the website, putting it slightly out of my budget and greatly alienating me.

So, I'm calling on you for help for a new LH bass for no more than £300 (although exceptional examples abit more are OK) that has a fast neck, 5 strings, preferably soapbars. I'll be using fingerpicking but would like the bass to be decent for slap.

Thank you so much for your help, I really don't know where else to look!

[quote name='Jamesk86' post='412725' date='Feb 18 2009, 09:15 AM']Check out the Warwick Rockbass collection, they don't charge extra for south Paws and they are well within your budget and good Axes![/quote]

That's what I was getting! It was £245 on bassmerchant and they had it in almond sunburst, that I'd never seen before in the streamer. It suddenly just rose to £340 though ;)

[quote name='Jamesk86' post='413130' date='Feb 18 2009, 03:06 PM'][url="http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Warwick-Rockbass-Streamer-Std-2PUNA-L-H/83K"]http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/...d-2PUNA-L-H/83K[/url]

This seems like a good bargin![/quote]

Yeah that's the one I was going to get, but because it's at the upper end of my budget I thought I'd see if anyone could recommend a different bass, thanks though!

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='413584' date='Feb 18 2009, 08:21 PM']i know you stated you were looking at a new bass, but have you completely rulled out the 2nd hand market, there really isn't that much in your price range new, the kind of stuff your looking at starts at around £400 and there isn't alot around for us lefties (in my experience)[/quote]

I don't really want to, but if something was too good to overlook then I would. The ideal bass would be a Spector, which I found RH models on the net for under £300! But not any of the models they do LH, and you can only seem to get LH Spectors overseas