Why become a member? ×

Revisiting some old compositions

Brook_fan

I was browsing my youtube channel last night and came across this recording which, for some reason, I had down as private.  Probably with good reason I hear you say.  However, I am kind of pleased with how it came out, especially with the bass part locking in (for the most part) with the acoustic guitar part.  The bass is my Brook acoustic bass ("Lowman").  I can no longer play this piece unfortunately- the lady you see walking around Sally in The Woods (an area just outside of Bath) was, but is no longer, my girlfriend, and so the piece has some unfortunate memories for me.  In fact this is the same reason I am finding it difficult to bond with the bass I am playing in the video- she had too much of a hand in getting me to commision it and then spec'ing it out with me.  

Anyway, though it was quite interesting to revisit it.  I tend to 'write' bass lines (in Sibelius) rather than improvise them.  I think this was a little bit of both with this piece.

Robbie

• Like 1