Why become a member? ×

speakers for 2x10 gallien kruger cabs?

ogri

..and killed every speaker in my much loved old gallien kruger 2x10s...so much for tranny heads being more reliable than valve..

still got the cabs, can anyone recomend/supply some good replacement speakers?

considerations are

1) want to be able to use just one cab as a half stack at acoustic gigs and some of the small pubs we play in peterborough(lugging the mesa boogie cab into them venues is overkill and then some)

2) cabs must be 4ohms each (2 ohms paired)as have got an SVT which will only run at 4 or 2 ohms

3) some heavy chassis speakers wont fit into the openings as they are quite close together(will take photos

got some cheapies in both cabs presently as i been using them as practice cabs for last two years, one at home and one at the drummers house, but i dont think they would handle the ampeg and gig volumes. was thinking of saving myself time and energy and just buying some of the cheap 1 x15s that come up on here but there always millions of miles away :-)

btw i was glad when that amp died, it always sounded bloody horrible, just wish it hadnt taken me GKs with it lol