Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can anyone recommend a recording studio in London/SE?

Weird War

Hello there

My band wants to record 3/4 songs this spring and we're looking for a studio. Though we have some basic recordings on MySpace (see link below), our line-up has changed - it's 75% new and now includes cello (sounds like a washing powder ad!).

What would we like to get out of the new recordings? A document of the band's current sound for our own satisfaction and to aid getting better gigs etc. In terms of production, our sound is quite clean with few effects and no loops so a natural and warm sound would be good (think 'Alice' by Tom Waits).

We are all London-based but are prepared to travel for the right place. Can anyone recommend a recording studio in the south-east from experience or friend's feedback?

Thanks for reading,

Doug

Earth Terminal Studio just outside Odiham, about 5 minutes from Junction 5 of the M3, probably be at the limit or just beyond how far you are willing to go, but my band recently did some recording there and it was great!

New recordings up on Myspace in the near future!!!

[quote name='Kraken' post='401982' date='Feb 6 2009, 01:26 PM']Earth Terminal Studio just outside Odiham, about 5 minutes from Junction 5 of the M3, probably be at the limit or just beyond how far you are willing to go, but my band recently did some recording there and it was great!

New recordings up on Myspace in the near future!!![/quote]
That looks amazing, thanks for that - how much did the session set you back (PM if you prefer)?