Why become a member? ×

Evening all

PaulyB

Just like to say hello to everyone, nice to see a site dedicated to the 4 (or more) stringed players no just the twiddly egomaniacs. Good to nose through and pick up tips on techniques, gear and the like.

Been playing now for longer than I haven't which makes me feel a tad old, still learning and still no good but hey ho I'll keep practicing.

Gear wise I've a Warwick 4 string thumb that I picked up for a bargain back in '90, uncle knew a bloke who at the time owned a music shop so was lucky, I don't play it live as much as it deserves but one of those things all being well I'll keep forever. 5 string Streamer which I'm still getting used to, tried playing it live a few times but always end up hitting the wrong string, suppose whould concentrate more on paying and not supping beer. Most recent purchase is a US Precision which I love, completely diferent feel to the thumb.

Amp wise I had a Trace 2x10 combo for years which was great but it weighed more than Brazil, lugging it up and down two flights of stairs after gigging killed me so had to say bye bye to it. Picked up an EBS 350 with Neo 1x10 and Neo 1x12 which for their size are an amazing bit of kit, just looking at a Neo 4x10 as moved so got a bit more space. Plus picked up a Boss GT6B which to be honest never spent enough time getting the most out of it, just end up using it for a bit of chorus or compression but so happy with the natural sound I don't plug it in half the time.

Anyway, enough babble, better do some work.

Cheers, Paul