Why become a member? ×

Hey Everyone!

EskimoBassist

Hey Everyone, or atleast whoever is reading this.

Well i've been playing bass for roughly two years now and enjoying every second of it.

I am a MASSIVE gearhead and i love FX pedals, so i guess this is the place to be, right?

My favourite band is MUSE, so i guess that probably tells you a lot about my style as consequently one of my bass heroes is Chris Wolstenholme himself. I must add however that my bass playing is also heavily influenced by that of Tim Commerford as i am also a massive RATM and Audioslave fan. Hence, i love bass overdrive.

This is the part where i tell you about my gear?!

Basses:
Well ok i started on a humble StaggBC300 but i quickly upgraded to the powerful Epiphone Thunderbird IV, which i found although impossible heavy, a fantastic instrument and remained my main workhorse so to speak up until recently. Now however i am lucky enough to own a simply beautiful Fender USA Jazz, complete with the S1 switching system, which i believe a fantasticly innovative idea, especially as i have grown so accustomed to the heavy dual humbucking rumble of a Thunderbird. Ive still got my Thunderbird, which i have rendered for Drop D usage and i have no want to get rid it of yet. Both my basses are fitted with wide nylon levy's straps and schaller straplocks, both which i find are indispesable purchases, especially towards the end of a long set.

Fx:
The first unit that i bought was the KorgAX10B, a small multi FX unit and after much tinkering i did manage to set it up for comprehensive live use, however it quickly became apparent that having such a small unit was neither practical or sufficient. Hence i upgraded to the far more respectable KorgAX3000B, which really comes into its' own in a live environment. Still however i am looking to expand and i recently purchased a EH USA Big Muff, which i believe sounds great on bass, however the sustain and distortion may be a little too great and so i am contemplating swapping it for the Russian counterpart, which i do believe many bassists prefer. I am also looking to purchase numerous other classic pedals, such as the Jim Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah which i know is simply wonderful, the Boss GEB-7 Equaliser pedal to restore some low end when using certain distorion and wah effects, aswell as to boost my levels, especially whilst recording and the almost contarversial (!) Boss ODB-3, which people seem to love or hate! I however love the pedal, although many seem to prefer the Ibanez PH-7. I'l just have to try it out...

Amps:
Well this is the embarrassing part. My amp setup is neither formidable nor impressive or remotely expensive. Infact i still have a Drive30W practice amp, even though i use a much more aged Cub 60w amp at practises. I am however eyeing up a fantastic 307w Ashdown amp, whihc undoubtedly will be in my hands before i know it. Live however i generally find i have to borrow a friends Laney RB-7, or just use the gievn backline, another adavntage i find of having all my own FX etc.

Oh yah, my band ESKIMO SANDWICH

www.myspace.com/eskimosandwich

Thanks for reading :) Take it easy

Edited by EskimoBassist

Hi! Welcome to our little place, and you'll certainly find plenty of gearheads to talk to! My preferences are simple: Fender Precisions, and a lightweight Markbass rig. The P-basses are simple, and so am I. The Markbass is light weight, and so am...wait a minute...no, it's good for my aging back!
:)