Why become a member? ×

Alembic Series 2

barneyg42

[quote name='crez5150' post='375914' date='Jan 10 2009, 09:01 AM']^_^ ..... how you getting on with the SX by the way?[/quote]

Brilliant mate, not rehearsed it yet but cranked it up a few times at home and it goes well, plays far far better than the price would suggest!
Now where's the bank's number, just need a fretted 4 to complete the set...... ;)

I always liked those 'bics and to be honest I preferred the sound to the Jaydee when Mark was using them. I remember seeing Grupo MarK King at the Jazz Cafe and sad pavement dwellers that we were we listened to the sound check. Mark was using something else(I won't say the make) and we were told he had a bit of a problem with different outputs on the two basses(might not be true but he had some kind of problem) so he went back to the Alembics for the night. Blew me away they did, I was right up the front in front of his rig and they where stunning! Also played one at the Bass Centre when it was in Wapping, went in looking for a cheap cab and the guy there let me have a go on one when I said I was a Level42 fan. Had about £200 for a cab and he lets me play a £5000+ bass just cos I'm a fan.....now that's what I call service!

PS. Bank just phoned....suggested I sell me liver as it's well pickled and preserved! DOH!

:P

Just read an interesting post on the Level42 web digest about this bass. It appears was owned by one of the digesters who sold it on to some one else for 2.5k who in turn moved it on within a week. The OP says it is a dog of a bass with a bowed back neck despite a slack truss rod and that he had had the frets filed right down to get some relief. He also says it had a very thin tone and was no good for any kind of gig!!
;) :P
Don't know the validity of any of this, a pic of him playing the bass is included in the post. Interesting if this is true, looking at the bass it's a cracking piece of kit but appearances can be deceiving.