Why become a member? ×

Overwater Progress Series 2 (89-91) SOLD
£500
Southampton

TenLetters

**Now Sold**

With a bit of a heavy heart I'm looking to move on what was my first proper bass, an Overwater Progress dated to somewhere around 1991. This bass was a bit of a workhorse for the first 8 years of its life with me but I am increasingly playing styles more suited to fretless. 

The bass itself is in great condition for its age with a few little (tiny) dinks on both the front and the back of the body but nothing that is visible without a good look. All electrics work perfectly and it has recently has a service. Its fitted with active EMG's which I though were a retrofit but Chris at Overwater has previously said they did turn a few of these out with EMGs as a custom option late 80's early 90's (see topic below). The circuitry and pick up selector gives plenty of control over tones. Mostly it is quite Hi-Fi but can be mellowed and get thumpy with the right strings. Shaller tuners which, along with it being super solid, keep the bass in tune forever.  

The only issue with the bass is that, prior to me owing it, the back plate and (probably) battery cover was replaced with ones that do the job but don't quite fit the cavities. The original contained the serial numbers so they are now missing, which is really annoying, but otherwise this does not affect the bass in anyway at all. Please see the linked thread below with some words from Chris May. 

All in all it sounds great, plays great and is completely solid. Looks wise....possibly a bit marmite (I like it) but we're musicians, not a posers, right?!?

Included in the sale is the (huge) hard case that I got with it which is looking a little worse for wear, has a bit of rope acting as a zip, but will probably outlive me. I would prefer collection or meet up but would considering posting at buyers expense.  

Any questions please ask. No trades please. 

Cheers, 

Adam

P1010318 (2).JPG

P1010320 (2).JPG

P1010322.JPG

P1010323.JPG

P1010325 (2).JPG

P1010326.JPG

Edited by TenLetters