Why become a member? ×

1980's MIJ Tokai Jazz Sound Fretless
£450

Corcoran1991

Japanese Tokai Fretless Jazz Sound for sale. Judging by the headstock and serial number I believe this was made around 1983/4. Looking at an old Tokai catalogue the exact model is a JB85, a Jaco replica.

Few dings and the usual surface scratches as you'd expect from an old bass. Pickups have been switched out for noiseless DiMarzio Model J's, original pickups work fine and will be included. The wiring has also been replaced with vintage CTS pots, vintage cap etc (original wiring included w/ grounding plates). The original knobs are off-spec so new ones will be needed, never got round to buying them but they can be sourced easily enough.

Bass itself weighs in at around 3.5kg, and I'm pretty sure the body is Sen (Japanese Ash). Currently strung with Fender 9050M's and comes with a Fender bag as pictured.

Located in Stockton-on-Tees, I'd prefer collection but if I can source a case or decent packing I may consider shipping. Maybe tempted for a trade if anyone has P bass they want rid of! Although trade value will be higher, I've been told I'm selling this cheaply...

Any questions, holla! 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg