Left leaderboard

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wal4string
      Dougie Thomson's bass line on "Lady" by Supertramp
      Lady.pdf
    • By wal4string
      Mr.Blue Sky.pdf
      Been teaching my 10 year old Grandson bass. After wracking my brains I rediscovered my love of ELO and this bass line. He nailed the bass line to the intro and verse no problem. Will be teaching him the chorus next week.  The walking bass line section will be his homework. His Mum tells me he is able to sing along while playing along. The rug rat is an aspiring Jack Bruce, Mark King, Sting etc. However he is only 10, I just hope his enthusiasm continues or I can sustain his love of the bass while I try to teach him to read so he will no longer need his grandad to show him. 
      If any basschatters can suggest any similar tunes for a beginner  I would appreciate any suggestions.
    • By wal4string
      Dougie Thomson's bass line on Take The Long Way Home by Supertramp. For educational purposes only.  Bass enters around 1.17.
      Apologies for yet another Supertramp track. Blame Alexa for re-unitinting me with these long forgotten tracks. Have always licked Supertramp from their first album in particular the bass lines. I have tended to skip the tracks with Hodgsons Squeaky high voice but with somewhat more  open ears, still mentally turning off Hodgson I realise I have been missing out on Dougie Thomson's fine bass contributions.  On this track he throws in not only plays quaver triplets but also plays the top note on his bass  the 21st fret (an E).

Take The Long Way Home.mp4 Take The Long Way Home.pdf
    • By wal4string
      Dougie Thomson's bass line on Sister Moonshine by Supertramp. For educational purposes only. 
      Sister Moonshine.mp4