Why become a member? Read more... ×
Psymoon

German double bass, Paesold 590P
£1200

Offered for sale, a beautiful, handmade double bass. 

It is a standard 3/4 size instrument made by the German company Paesold. It is one of their “student” instruments but is still made with the quality and expertise you would expect from a quality German instrument maker. Unfortunately it just does not get enough love in our house as I normally play the electric bass in bands or my guitar! 

It is a laminated tone wood instrument so you’ll get a great sound but also durability and consistency from the instrument. It has excellent quality orchestral strings...I’m afraid I don’t know what type specifically as they have been on the instrument since I bought it. 

Included with the bass are a french style bow and a soft case. It is about 22 years old and has seen a few gigs so there are a few knocks and scrapes as you might expect, shown in the pictures, but it has been maintained by a luthier so the sound and playability have not been compromised.

I believe it is worth in the region of £1200 but obviously that is open to negotiation.

If you would like to come and have a look please do ask and if you have any questions please get in touch! More pictures and information can be provided if you wish also. 

49BF13C7-6E65-414E-9812-CB61B471E0A5.jpeg

59E4C180-ACC0-4C9D-B175-7EDC2409932F.jpeg

964E88A5-2B4F-479C-AB34-85CBF65F3742.jpeg

Forgot to say! Location is Exeter but I’ll drive to meet people...say, 50 miles?