Why become a member? ×

Orange O Bass. Good condition. Great little bass. £200 incl uk postage. Price drop
£225

vinorange

£200 including UK postage.

Up for grabs is my little Orange O bass in bright Orange, with Orange padded carry case. Single precision pickup, white pick guard, very lightweight okoume body, maple painted neck with ebony fretboard and it’s well balanced. Comes with strap locks / buttons. 

Recent set up with new Ernie Ball slinkys and in good condition with a couple of dings. One filled with orange nitro (not a perfect colour) on the upper bout and a few very minor chips to the black neck binding. Nothing affecting feel or playability. 34” scale, 43.6mm nut width, weighing in at only 7lbs but very well balanced thanks to well placed strap buttons. The neck is P bass width but doesn’t feel so deep.

It’s quite a nice bass for the money, very quirky, plays well and sounds good especially with a bit of drive. I’ll be sad to see it go but I’ve just bought back one of my old basses so it has to go.

Will courier included in the price (depends on the price agreed I guess) or it can be road tested / collected chez nous near Chester.

Here’s what the Orange boys say;

The O Bass is the brainchild of Orange Technical Director and lead designer Adrian Emsley, whose inspiration came from his self-confessed love of vintage gear. Having spent a lifetime modifying all manner of bass guitars, the O Bass brings together all of his know-how in a unique and truly charismatic instrument.

Aside from its impeccably sleek lines and shapely aesthetics, the O Bass delivers the goods where it really matters. Plugging in reveals a sound with buckets of personality – familiar, yet somehow all of its own. A custom-wound split–coil pickup bears a very distinctive sonic mojo, with a well-balanced bass response and a bold and defined mid-range. Players with a softer touch will immediately find themselves in Motown territory, with earthy overtones in abundance. Dig in a little more aggressively and the O Bass responds with an infectious harmonic grind that harks back to the birth of rock ‘n’ roll. As Emsley puts it, “It growls like a policeman’s dog!”

The O Bass first made an appearance in an early form as a demonstrator piece at the 2014 winter NAMM show, hidden from public view in the Orange booth. However, having been leaked on a number of videos on the internet, we were inundated with requests to put it into production.

And here’s the spec;

FINISH OPTIONS: TEAR DROP SUNBURST | OFF-BLACK | ORANGE
CONSTRUCTION: 4 STRING FRETTED SINGLE CUTAWAY| BOLT ON
BODY: OKOUMÉ |BASSWOOD VENEER | A.B.S. BINDING ON TEAR DROP SUNBURST & OFF-BLACK VERSIONS
NECK: MAPLE |DUAL ACTION TRUSS ROD | EBONY FRETBOARD |A.B.S. BINDING & HEADSTOCK OVERLAY
ELECTRONICS: 1 X CUSTOM WOUND SPLIT-COIL HUMBUCKER | MASTER TONE & MASTER VOLUME
HARDWARE: NICKLE TOP-LOADING 4 SADDLE BRIDGE & OPEN GEAR TUNERS
INCLUDED EXTRAS: PADDED ORANGE GIGBAG WITH PRINTED ORANGE CREST | ALTERNATIVE 3 PLY SCRATCH PLATE (TEAR DROP SUNBURST/OFF-BLACK FINISHES – TORTOISE SHELL | ORANGE FINISH – BLACK)
SCALE LENGTH 864MM
RADIUS R400 FINGERBOARD
WIDTH AT TOP NUT 43.6MM NUT

15F50808-AB8F-422B-B290-5C9725CCBAA5.jpeg

0C7EEEC7-BF63-4962-939B-19D33E5D967B.jpeg

184B3522-0FDC-4947-ABAA-D47A4656D883.jpeg

CC4D9062-D85B-4F8E-92AA-C522D0C9D2A0.jpeg

62C1E67F-813B-42C6-BA9A-D8456E00E2D1.jpeg

92E084AA-5272-4909-9716-7741DDB424DB.jpeg

2AC17AAE-57D3-431A-85B8-822A1E1495F4.jpeg

04A8CC3A-FDFB-4D23-B070-DDCEB678703E.jpeg

6E2FF901-545B-4559-8EE8-7C9603E51607.jpeg