Why become a member? ×

No longer available...Richwood 3/4 Short Scale
£250

also played on

Placing my first ad so fingers crossed I have filled in the details correctly. Here is my Richwood 3/4 Jazz bass, 30" scale which was once owned and upgraded by Scott Whitley, who added a heavy-duty lockable bridge and an Artec preamp.  The controls are Volume, Pan, Treble (cut/boost) & Bass (cut/boost).

I purchased the bass initially in it's Piccolo format for a project with another bass player and as the nut had not been altered I was able to put on a sett of D'Addario ECB Flats which to my ears, sound excellent. The original Piccolo strings are included with the bass if you would like them.

What can I tell you, it's active, offering great tonal options with the boost and cut (9v battery under the front control panel). It's light weight, very easy to play, no neck dive and has been really well sett up (by Scott I guess) low fast action.

Condition is very good, the bass has seen very little use, one small dint below the jack plate, tiny mark above the lower strap button, small scratch by the volume pot on the plate. Scratch plate has some use marks. Strap lock buttons are fitted but the strap fixings were never there when I bought it. 

Here is a link to Scott using the bass:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTEkSrrdHb4

I am based in Baldock, North Hertfordshire and am happy to post at cost or your very welcome to pop by and try the bass first hand, we have a kettle and biscuits.

Relatively new to the forum, have purchased a couple of basses and a case recently from members and it's great to deal with players who know their kit and are genuinely nice folks. 

IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_2940.JPG

IMG_2925.JPG

IMG_2926.JPG

IMG_2928.JPG

IMG_2930.JPG

IMG_2936.JPG

Edited by also played on

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I know the bass is no longer available, however does this mean you've sold it? I'm looking for Richwood 3/4 Jazz bass, 30" scale and they seem to be quite hard to track down. If you have sold it would it be possible to get the detail of who you sold it too just in case they may want to part with it.

Would really appreciate any help

Many thanks

David