Why become a member? ×

Sold: 2011 Music Man Stingray Classic Natural Rosewood Neck Birdseye Maple
£1595

simonroberts788

This stunning Stingray Classic 4 has a two-piece figured ash body and a gloss birdseye maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. It was completed on April 29th, 2011 (S/N B053500) but has been stored in its case ever since and is pristine. It is in absolutely mint untouched condition. The case is also in perfect untouched condition. The bass plays beautifully and sounds fantastic plugged in with the vintage style 2 band EQ. When played acoustically, the tone is thick yet lively and it has amazing sustain - you can really feel the wood resonating in your hands. The vintage style Classic differs from the standard Stingray with string-through bridge with mutes, slab body, 2 band EQ, metal battery cover and gloss finish neck. I actually prefer the 2 band EQ to the 3 band as you can instantly get the trademark Stingray growl that made the bass famous in 1976. With the 3 band EQ, I find myself constantly fiddling with the midrange control and never being 100% happy with the tone. The birdseye maple neck is absolutely gorgeous with an almost liquid figuring going on underneath the birdseye all the way down the neck - so difficult to photograph. These are really hard to get now with the rosewood fingerboard due to the CITES regulations. The retail price of an equivalent model is £2499 but nobody seems to have one in stock anywhere in the UK as far as i can see. The bass is located in St Agnes, Cornwall but I would be happy to meet the buyer somewhere. Or I could ship the bass although it'd probably cost around £50 with the insurance. The shipping rates are estimates of course. Weight is a comfortable 4 kg on my bathroom scales. Hit me with questions. 

IMG_3554.JPG

IMG_3555.JPG

IMG_3556.JPG

IMG_3557.JPG

IMG_3558.JPG

IMG_3559.JPG

IMG_3560.JPG

IMG_3561.JPG

IMG_3562.JPG

Edited by simonroberts788