Why become a member? ×

Bass lessons in south west London

TKenrick

I'm offering electric bass lessons in south west London, I teach from a studio in Earlsfield (SW18, about a 7-minute walk from Earlsfield station)

For those who like to see qualifications, I have a BA from the Academy of Contemporary Music, Guildford and a PGCE from the Institute of Education, London.

For those who want 'real world' experience, I've toured/performed across the UK and Europe with a number of artists including Hayley Westenra, Alexandra Burke and Suggs, as well as various washed-up boyband members and reality TV types.

A more detailed bio is available here

Since graduating a decade ago, I've taught hundreds of students both privately and in schools and have successfully prepared students for Rock School, RGT and Trinity exams as well as entrance auditions for music colleges including BIMM and ACM.

Lessons focus on essential musical skills for surviving as a bass player, including:

• Ear training
• Fretboard knowledge
• Developing a strong internal sense of time
• Sight reading
• Repertoire
• Improvisation

There are plenty of free lessons on my website/youtube channel, I’ve just finished a series of articles on how to practise effectively:

https://freebasstranscriptions.com/tag/how-to-practise/

cheers,

Tom