Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: Ashton BV300 300 watt valve head KT88
£350

I'm selling my Ashton BV300 300 watt valve head. It uses 6x KT88 power valves, a 12AU7 phase inverter, a 12AX7 preamp driver and 2x 12AT7 preamp valves. It's been gigged a fair amount and the condition of the leatherette shows it but it's never skipped a beat and has been super reliable and sounds beautiful. When I bought it last year one of the KT88s had gone so I replaced it with a similar JJ valve, biased the amp using the nifty individual bias points on the back panel and it's performed perfectly ever since. It currently has 4x Electro Harmonix KT88s and a pair of JJ KT88s all biased at 35 mV. Tone wise, this amp is super clean. You can coax it into some gorgeous spongy and saggy compression though if you engage the boost, which actually increases the volts into the power tubes, and crank the gain to 3 o' clock. I've used it with the master at midday and it's plenty loud enough to keep up with the monster drummer in my Rage Against the Machine tribute band. After that point of volume it doesn't get much louder just more compressed. It's a great pedal platform and i've used a number of different Sansamp preamps and an Ampeg SCR DI in front to great effect. It really does sound massive. The amp is exactly the same as the Eden 300T head (manual attached) and the Fame BVH 300 if you want to do some searches around that. There's a fair amount of chat about this amp on forums and it's regarded as a bit of a hidden gem among tube aficionados. KT88s are pretty pricey at about £32 each but one day it'd be a good idea to replace all six with a matched set. Included in the sale I have a brand new unused pair of matched Electro Harmonix KT88s from Hot Rox worth £68 and I've been meaning to buy another four to replace the lot whole but the amp sounds great and is rock solid so i haven't done it yet. I replaced the preamp driver tube, the phase inverter and one of the 12AT7 as it was a bit microphonic. The amp has an 8 ohm and 4 ohm tap and i've run it through a pair of GK 2x10s and it sounds huge. I've just bought an 8x10 and am now looking to get an SVT or Mesa 400 so this one has to make way. It weighs a cool 23 kg because of the toroidal transformer and is a breeze to transport with the side handles compared to an SVT. I can post it and i'll pack the valves in a separate jiffy bag. It'll probably be around £40 to post with insurance. As with all gear of this type, valves do need changing periodically and I can't be held responsible for any repairs that need to be done once it's sold. I'm selling the amp in good faith and it's been very reliable for me but if you want to gig it in the long term i would recommend buying a matched quad of KT88s for £130 with a similar rating to the pair included in the same and then rebias the amp. I'm happy to discuss meeting up and would gladly drive up the M5 as far as Bristol to do the handover or my parents live near Bath and i could get it to them for the end of May.

IMG_3453.JPG

IMG_3454.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

Eden E300T.pdf

Edited by simonroberts788
sold elsewhere