Why become a member? ×

New bass day! Harley Benton Jazz bass kit

interpol52

Hello everyone!

Here is my Harley Benton Jazz Bass kit build from Thomann. I got it at Christmas and have never found the time to put it together until a couple of days ago. It took me about an hour and a half get it sorted, apart from some sheilding paint in the pickup/control cavity done earlier this week. 

It's light, a touch over 6lbs. Nice and easy on the back! The neck fits like a glove in the pocket and I really like the feel of the neck. It's held it's tune really well over the last few days. The pick guard holes are a bit off, this means I haven't been able to put all the screws in. The pickups sound nice, the circuit is solderless so was a piece of cake to assemble. 

I haven't tried it out at full volume yet in a band situation, but first impressions through my Hiwatt practice amp are that it is astonishly good value for money. The Thomann site today lists it at £76. 

The headstock needs shaping, I will probably put a KiOgon wiring kit in and some different pickups. Great fun so far!

I'll try post some sound clips later.

20180406_200327.jpg

20180406_200334.jpg

20180406_200408.jpg

20180406_200424.jpg

Edited by interpol52
  • Like 2