Why become a member? ×

FS: Yamaha TRB 1004 - SOLD

Bass Culture

Dear All,

I'm putting my Yamaha TRB 1004 up for sale after giving into the overwhelming temptation to purchase the Overwater Perception I tried when I was in The Bass Merchant the other weekend.

This is a lovely bass. I've only had it about two months and bought it brand new from Back Alley Music in Chester, to replace one I sold at the beginning of the year (even by my standards my bass transactions have been a bit rash this year!). It's got a 35" scale so the bottom E really punches through. Really nice, muscial 3 band EQ and it's in shop condition - it's been played at home and at one rehearsal only. The finish is lovely and, being a Yamaha, it's really well put together.

The sound is big and these are still amongst the loudest basses I've played. The EQ is very versatile and you can get a really nice punchy sound - very Jaco-ish as my drummer commented the other week (the sound not the playing...). Anyway, I'm looking for £360 or £375 delivered. I can take Paypal but I'd ask the buyer to cover the fees please. I'm happy to deliver up to a reasonable distance from Chester (say 50-60 miles) for petrol money and anyone who wishes to is very welcome to try it out.

Thanks,

Mark

Please note - the case is NOT included in the sale.

Thanks.

Edited by Bass Culture

[quote name='Oscar South' post='334849' date='Nov 23 2008, 01:13 PM']I also bought my TRB from Back Alley Music in Chester, good shop. Great line of basses too.

Don't forget to come see my gigs at The Frog and Nightingale on the 1st, Alexander's on the 8th (headlining woo) and the SU on the 11th if you live in Cherster eh? :)[/quote]

OS,

I presume these dates are in in December? Might well be just the sort of thing to get me in the Yuletide mood. Might save myself for the gig at the S.U. I graduated from Chester College (as it was then) in 1990 and spent many a happy hour in the S.U. bar; it'd be fascinating to go to a gig there again.

Thanks for the 'head's up'.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...