Why become a member? ×

Sold: Ampeg SCR-DI preamp, practice amp and overdrive pedal with power supply
£150

simonroberts788

This is an awesome pedal with so many great features incorporating the actual preamp circuit from the SVT amp with the classic EQ and ultra low and ultra high switches. The pedal also has the Scrambler overdrive circuit with the essential blend control so you can blend the overdriven sound with the original bass sound. The preamp also doubles as a practice amp and in-ear or headphone amp with aux in on quarter inch and mini jack with level control and a mini jack headphone out. So you can plug your phone into the pedal and practice in silence. The sound quality of the headphone amp is absolutely fantastic too - massive bottom end. It's a great live pedal too with a lovely sounding DI out with ground lift and there's a -15dB input pad using an internal jumper for hot basses. Bizarrely they don't come with a power supply and eat through batteries, so I bought a new 12V 500 mA power supply for £20 as recommended by Polar Audio who distribute Ampeg which suits the pedal really well and gives it noticeably more headroom than with a 9V.

I've used the pedal on stage as a preamp in front of my valve head and DI'd to the desk, as a recording preamp DI'd to an interface monitoring the track on headphones through the pedal and as a practice amp and it genuinely excels each time. I've been totally satisfied with the tone of the SCR DI and it certainly gets pretty darn close to the on-the-edge sound of an cranked SVT, then with the scrambler engaged you can get pretty savage drive out of it too. It's housed in a heavy-duty metal enclosure and feels totally solid under foot. Excellent condition and comes with power supply and original packaging. Manual available at http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/manuals/SCR-DI_OM.pdf Can post for £10 fully insured.

Ampeg SCR DI.jpg

Edited by simonroberts788