Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1972/3 SOLD
£1400

Harrythebassdawg

Hello I'm selling my 1972/3 precision.

£1400 ONO

It's a beautiful bass but it's had a few mods in it's time, hence the price. The neck and body and hardware are still original, and since owning it i've upgraded any non-original parts to be of good quality.

I bought it a few years ago, and I could see that first off it's had a refinish, and at one stage it's had two Jazz pickups fitted, both near the bridge. The cavities have been filled back in, but in the right light you can just see the outline of where they were through the refinish. It's also had a thumb rest fitted to near the bridge, i've removed this, but you will notice the 2 screw extra holes in the photos.

The neck and fretboard are in great shape, apart from one scratch on the back of the neck. The fretboard edges are nicely rounded so it's very comfortable.
I replaced the pickguard and pickups to my liking as they were non original, and had the nut reshaped and a general set up by The Gallery. 

Original:
Neck,
Body,
Ashtray bridge/pickup covers,
Machine heads,
Bridge and saddles,
Neck plate,

Non Original:
Pick guard (Montreax Real Celluloid 62 PB Pickguard Relic)
Pickups (Bareknuckle '58) (or Aguilar 4p60 if you prefer)
CTS pots 

To be honest I'm really not sure on what the pricing should be for this. I hope i've been fair with my sale price. - but any feed back on the pricing please send me a PM rather than posting in the comments, and I will be more than happy take into account peoples advice. 

I can also offer it with Aguilar 4p 60 pickups instead for the same price. They are perhaps slightly more vintage correct, although personally really like the extra low end you get with the Bareknuckles.

Hiscox case included.

Lastly please feel free to come and try it, it plays silky smooth 1f642.png

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

Edited by Harrythebassdawg
sold