Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Gibson SG Bass - Rare 120th Anniversary (2014) Ltd Edition - Another Price Drop
£550

nickcarey

[center][size=5][b][color=#ff0000]NOW SOLD[/color][/b][/size][/center]
[center][b][u]Gibson SG Bass[/u][/b][/center]
[center]Serial Number: 140084805[/center]
[center][b][i]Rare 120[sup]th[/sup] Anniversary (2014) Ltd Edition Bass[/i][/b][/center]

[center]I am selling this great bass to whittle down my collection of basses. I am very careful with my gear, so everything described here is 100% accurate. Please see my Basschat feedback for assurance.[/center]

[center]These basses are now quite rare and hard to get hold of. What a distinctive sound this bass has! The best sounds seem to be with just the neck pickup on full playing with a pick and both pickups on for finger style playing. The bass definitely suits a bright amp like a Hartke. You can see why players in the 60-70s used to put these through Marshall guitar amps. It works well for rock & blues as the sidewinder pickup produces a thunderous sound.[/center]

It is very well built with no gaps or miss-alignments. The neck feels really nice which is ideally suited for fast playing. It's pretty thin at the nut (39mm) and very comfortable. I also like the light weight of the instrument. You can play for a long time without it wrecking your shoulder.There is a tiny bit of neck dive using a cheap strap but if you use one with a suede finish neck dive is not a problem.

The passive electronics on this bass sound solid with no noise issues. Controls include 2 volume knobs & 1 tone knob. The pickups are also noise free unlike the cheaper ones on the Epiphone EB-3. Plus these pickups produce a higher output and richer tone.

It comes with the original 0.45-1.05 Leartone roundwound strings which still have a lot of life in them. They just keep on going and sound great for getting a fat punchy balanced sound. I tried some lighter gauge flatwound strings on this bass but I preferred the stock strings. I’m happy to chuck in the flatwounds though for comparison.

[center]I’ll be sad to see it go as this bass looks amazing with the finish![/center]

[center]Condition wise it's in excellent condition. There is some light ware due to the satin finish but that is inevitable due to their being no lacquer on this type of finish. If you like a road worn look over time you will naturally get it with this bass. On the back of the neck there are some spots where some paint has come away (see pics) and there is a small ding around the bottom of the body near the strap connector.[/center]

[center][b]Specification:[/b][/center]
[center]Fireburst Satin Finish
Mahogany Body and Neck
Thin body & neck (the neck is a similar width to the Jazz bass)
Passive Electronics[/center]
[center]20 Frets[/center]
[center]Gibson Case (made in Canada)
Rosewood Fingerboard
T-Bird Sidewinder & Mini Humbucker Pickups
30.5 Inch Scale Length[/center]
[center]Grover Shamrock Style Machine Tuners[/center]
[center]Chrome Hardware

In excellent condition & owned for just under 2 years.[/center]
[center]This bass was bought from Thomann in 2015[/center]
[center]
The bass includes the original case, quality checklist card, warranty papers, owner’s manual and neck relief adjuster[/center]

[center]Courier cost to be quoted separately depending on where you are based.[/center]

[center]My personal messenger doesn’t work so you are best getting me via: [email protected][/center]

Edited by nickcarey