Why become a member? ×

2015 Fodera Deluxe 5 AJ shape. Warning: sexy buckeye content!
£6350

giovabass

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I'm considering about selling my beloved Fodera 5 to invest the money in house / home studio gear.[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Deluxe 5 model (dovetail neck joint), rare AJ double cut shape.[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Original owner, received the bass from Fodera in summer 2015. Ash body, ebony fb, dovetail 3-piece maple neck, "Presentation Grade" Buckeye top, Duncans duals, latest Pope preamp (see full specs below). With the dovetail and the AJ shaped lower horn you have full, unrestricted access to the last frets.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I would say the bass is almost mint/new - maybe just some little wear on the pickups pole pieces. Always stayed in a non-smoking environment, and it has been well take care of.[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]With it I did a 2 months tour in China (summer 2015) but as far as my ability and eye capacity I can't locate any dings, scuffs, etc... I'll let you judge by the photos below taken today, or any additional request you may have.[/font][/color]

[attachment=244440:IMG_0315.JPG][attachment=244441:IMG_0316.JPG][attachment=244442:IMG_0317.JPG][attachment=244443:IMG_0319.JPG][attachment=244444:IMG_0322.JPG][attachment=244445:IMG_0414.JPG][attachment=244446:IMG_0415.JPG]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Bass is strung B-G but you can easily restring it E-C if you prefer.[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]String spacing is the same as it came shipped from Fodera, 2-3/4" at the bridge center to center B-G = [/font][/color][b]17.5mm string to string[/b][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,], but can go down to 16.5mm. Nut is a super comfy [/font][/color][b]45mm[/b][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,].[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Weight is around [/font][/color][b]~4.3kg ~9.5lbs[/b][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] on my bathroom scale and comes with the original Fodera OHSC, tools and paperwork.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Like most Foderas, this is really the most bass that human kind can have (or alien kind if you are extraterrestrial, lol); if you know how to use it, you know that playing with the pickups balance, dual/single switch, and the preamp knobs, you basically can get 3 basses in one at once: a 1. 70' jazz bass (single coil), a... 2. huh? Fodera (dual coil), and 3. slightly turning the blend knob toward the bridge pu in dual coil mode, I am able to get a kind-of Ken Smith vibe going on.[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Endless possibilities from the preamp, you can even configure the passive tone and the eq points.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Asking price is [/font][/color][b]6350GBP ([/b][b][color=#141414]or 7500EUR) + shipping from USA[/color][/b][b][color=#141414]. [/color][/b][b]No Paypal, sorry, sales are final.[/b]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]If you are down to come[/font][/color][color=#141414] [/color][color=#141414]i[/color][color=#141414]n early June [/color][color=#141414]to grab it in my location in Italy, [/color][color=#141414]I [/color][color=#141414]could definitely hand-deliver to you and you'd save a lot on shipping/duties - shipping cost would be only the [u]extra seat fly ticket[/u] which should be around $300-350 (to be confirmed)[/color][color=#141414].[/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Or I can do also a [/font][/color][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]hand-deliver[/font][/color][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] in Boston[/font][/color][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,], MA, USA (or nearby) [/font][/color][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]or possibly New York, USA,[/font][/color][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] with Money Order payment. [/font][/color][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]In this case, you'd save the full shipping/duties expenses and only pay the asking price...[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]For Boston peeps, I'm also down if you want to try it / inspect it in person or anything.[/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Please don't hesitate to ask for any info I may be missing, Thank you![/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Description and specs from the Fodera newborn gallery ([/font][/color][url="https://fodera.smugmug.com/Newborn-Gallery-Vol-IV/Newborn-1066/i-8pkX9qC"]Buckeye Burl AJ Contrabass Shape 5 Deluxe[/url][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]):[/font][/color]

[i]This AJ Contrabass-shaped 5-string deluxe was built for a private customer and features an Ash body with an Ebony fingerboard. The tone of this bass sits firmly on the bright end of the spectrum with a powerful, punchy low end and clear, bell-like highs. With extra-narrow 16.5mm string spacing, this bass is well suited to fast finger-style lines and chording comfortably.

This bass also features a killer Buckeye Burl top containing a wonderful mix of dark and light burl figuring.

Specs for the Buckeye Burl AJ Contrabass Shape 5 Deluxe:

Body Woods
• AJ Contrabass Shape
• Ash Body
• No Tone Block
• Buckeye Burl Top (Solid)

Neck Woods
• Ebony Fingerboard
• 3-pc. Hard Rock Maple Neck
• Abalone Dot Inlays

Construction Specs
• Birth Date - June 2015
• Dovetail Construction
• 34" Scale Length
• 5 String Configuration (16.5mm Spacing) [/i][b]--> Despite it's a 16.5mm model, the neck width is 70mm at last fret. This is Fodera default smallest neck; thanks to this, it's set up at full 17.5mm center to center B-G (2-3/4" total, see photos below). Nut width is 1-3/4 (45mm). Weight ~[b]4.3kg (~ 9.5lbs)[/b][/b]
[i]• 24 Frets (Small)[/i]

[i]Electronics Options
• Fodera / Pope Custom 3-Band Preamp
• Fodera / Duncan Dual Coil Pickups
• Emperor Control Layout[/i]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Sound samples recorded straight with no effects thru Apogee Duet Firewire and Logic Pro 9. Strings are brand new D'Addario EXL165 45-125. [u][b]When you download the sound sample attachments you have to rename them to .mp3:[/b][/u] for example [b]finger.mp3[/b] and [b]slap.mp3, [/b]or <whatever you want>[b].mp3[/b]... sorry about that, that's how the Basschat platform works.[/font][/color]

[b]Fingerstyle[/b] - 1st half: both pickups dual coil, passive tone rolled off, all flat - 2nd half: bridge pickup dual coil, passive tone rolled off, all flat - [attachment=244448:Fodera Aj5 finger.mp3]

[b]Slap[/b] - both pickups single coil, all flat, passive tone full on - [attachment=244449:Fodera AJ5 slap.mp3]

Thank you for watching!

Edited by giovabass

• 11 months later...