Why become a member? ×

2013 Fender Bass vi Made in Japan - £1195
£1195

Jonse

Pristine 2013 Japanese reissue of the Fender Bass vi. This one has the pickguard and pickup condoms still on, even the bag containing the paperwork and trem arm hasn't been opened. The finish on this is a work of art. I know it's a cliché but the photos really don't do it justice.

The action is nice and low, making it a joy to play. The floating bridge does suffer from a small amount of the typical rattle but Staytrem make a great replacement if you really feel the need. I really like the middle pickup on this, it's got a lovely, meaty grunt to it yet all the electronics work superbly. I wish I could justify keeping this, but needs must.

Strung and setup with discontinued Fender 5350's. These had a 95 low E which addressed some of the floppiness common with the lighter string sets.

These basses are pushing £1400+ now on sites such as Reverb and Ebay. I can't find another one for sale here in the UK. Apparently only 90 were ever sent to the USA, God knows how many made it over here.

[b][u][color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif]Features[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif]:[/font][/color][/u][/b]
[color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif]Made in Japan[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif]Alder body[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif]Maple neck[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif]Rosewood fretboard[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif]21 frets[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif]Scale: 768mm[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif]Nut width: 40mm[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif]BR-B6 bridge tremolo[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif]MHB-SD91 NI tuners[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif]3x JG Vintage single coil (Japan) pickups[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif]Finish: 3 Tone Sunburst[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif][u][b]Fender Spiel[/b][/u][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Ubuntu, sans-serif][i]The Fender Bass VI is sometimes referred to as a baritone guitar and sometimes as a six string bass guitar. It is indeed a rare bird and was originally released in 1961 and was commercially available up to the early '70's. This is a rare opportunity to get a re-issued retro style Fender VI 6-string bass that has been made in Japan and which is depicted here in 3 Tone Sunburst.[/i]

[i]A faithful reissue but with additional reinforcement from a high purity titanium bar in the neck to address the weak point of the original model given the extra tension of the strings.[/i]

[i]Japanese Fenders, in this case made by Dyna Gakki factory, its high-end instruments that are actually intended for the Japanese market and not for export. This handmade guitars and basses are however highly sought after due to their combination of vintage design and excellent finish. Thus, it looks in the direction of the American Vintage series, while the build quality is equal to that of the professional American Standard models.[/i]

[i]The body has been made using Alder combined with an oval shaped Maple neck, the fretboard has inlaid dots for fret orientation. Sound comes courtesy of 3 x JG Vintage single coil pick-ups which are managed via a number of sliding switches mounted onto the scratchplate, these are made up of 3 x Pick-up On/Off switches plus a Low Cut switch which is used to diminish some of the low end tone on the pick-ups. There is also a Master Volume and Master tone rotary controller whilst the bridge is a floating tremolo bridge with individual saddles, the headstock is a 1970's style over-sized headstock with guitar style machine heads.[/i]

There is no original case for it (allegedly cases weren't included) however I do have a heavy duty hardshell case that I will happily send it in. I am willing to ship, but please contact me regarding this. Collection also available. I'm also willing to meet part way (reasonable distances only.) I'm in Leicester.

More pictures [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/527tiac8hne1u4o/AAC1waHVrWKqtGPGHusjSfOWa?dl=0"]here[/url].

Any more questions / offers, please ask.
Jonse. [/font][/color]

Hi Jonse,
Searching for one of these, stumbled upon yours !
I'm buying ! A present for my birthday !
Looks in great shape, no pb whatsoever ?
Leaving in Paris France, shipping is ok for you and included ?
Do you have a paypal account ?
Please keep me in touch asap.
Have a nice day,
Grégoire