Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* 1979 Music Man Stingray 4 fretless *SOLD*
£1550

Mikkel-S

Up for grabs is this perfect example of a "players" Stingray. It has something magical about the way that the notes jump off the fretboard! Such a warm, fat and very lively tone. It sustains for days with new strings.
Sadly with the band and myself changing a bit of direction this now stands unused. And thats a shame!
Its a clean and healthy bass with no issues. Truss, electronics and pickup, tuners and bridge. Everything is 100%. Lots of life left in the fretboard as well, even though the picture of the string wear looks a little weird.
However as the picture shows the previous owner had it modded. Weirdly! I have no idea of what he was going for.. Maybe somekind of slap thing? Anyways I was about to have it "fixed" or restored by a master luthier who quoted me around 100pounds for pulling out the two frets, finding a matching piece of rosewood/pau ferro and then glueing that on and sanding and setting up the bass. So its a supposedly easy fix. Also need to mention that this mod has NO impact on the playability.
The bass is relatively light compared to other late 70's Stingrays. 4.3kg on my kitchen scale.

The bass is located in Denmark. I will ship the bass in a gigbag, securely packed in a cardboard box for the purpose via UPS 2-3 day.

Price is 1550£ or trade with a nice Fender CS J or P or other high end fretted basses.

Edited by Mikkel-S