Why become a member? ×

SOLD_MTD 635-24
£2700

johnpaulbass

So...

after a week with this beauty (I was trying to give a shot to a 6 string bass once again) I'm putting on sale this WONDERFUL MTD 635-24 6 strings from Michael Tobias. The only reason I'm selling this bass is because (I think definitively) put aside any hope to see me as a 6 string player :)

I was once owner a 1997 MTD, so this is my second one. Both were amazing and truly unique instruments. Tobias knows his stuff. Let me tell you that the bass was purchased from a friend of fellow Basschatter a week ago and it was well taken care of (I think he was the firs owner and bought it new). It has a truly massive sound and versatility beyond imagination.
Who knows these basses knows what we're talking about. Electronics and instrument are top notch, carefully selected woods and wonderful craftsmanship. As said sound variables are virtually endless.

I refer to the link for more information: [url="http://www.mtdguitars.com/"]http://www.mtdguitars.com/[/url]

The condition of this bass is almost mint, has a few scratches form usage on the back of the body (they're merely visible). It has been strung with new strings and come with (non original) hardcase and certificate.

Michael Tobias directly confirmed hat the bass was built in in April 2007.

Specifications:
myrtle top
tulipwood body
rosewood board
maple neck
24 frets
35 "scale
cca 4,1kg
Bartolini electronics

Regarding the price, I've put something that goes along with the value, the condition and the market that those rang of basses goes for. It is negotiable (not in case of trade) and shipping is at buyers costs. You're welcome to contact me. I really don't need a 6 string bass. 5 stringers is what I'm looking for.

The bass is now in Slovenia.

Exchanges considered (in order of preference):
- MTD 535 (actually what I'm looking for)
- Sadowsky NYC maple neck (5 strings only)
- Alleva Coppolo maple neck (5 strings only)
- Jens Ritter bass (5 strings only)

Throw me a shot with other proposals but I'm quite shure that I'm after a MTD 535.

Thank you

Edited by johnpaulbass

• 2 weeks later...