Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: LTD D-4
£300

Kitsto

[b]Almost new LTD D-4 [/b]

[b]SHORT VERSION[/b]
In immaculate condition. Would suit a beginner or intermediate. Highly versatile – suit any style of playing. Both passive and (by turning the pots through the centre point) active. Beautiful eye-catching satin wood finish.

Meant to be my mainstay gigging bass when I joined a band last year. But then I discovered Thunderbirds and this never gets played any more. Very reluctant sale. Gigged twice. Brand new last year from Rose Morris in Denmark Street.

[b]LONG VERSION[/b]
Probably the best bass I’ve ever owned. By best I mean in terms of playability, versatility and just pure looks.

I’m going to start with looks. This bass looks great. Made from a wood called merbau with a ‘satin natural’ finish (the colour of the wood) which is very dark but under lights has a slightly red hue to it. All my basses have natural wood finishes so you can see what they are made of and this and its D-5 sister (also for sale) have easily the smoothest, most striking and flawless finishes of them all. They are both beauties. Reviewers often say these marbau basses look better in real life than in pics.

Then in terms of playability: until I discovered Thunderbirds (which are a bit idiosyncratic and not everyone’s cup of tea for good and obvious reason) this was my go-to-bass, more so than my Fender P (just sold) or my Gibson EB-style SG (to be sold next). It’s so easy to play. Sits nicely on the strap, beautifully balanced. Just really comfortable.

I would especially recommend this bass to players starting out. It will take you from beginner to gigging musician (I got it having seen a mate play one in his band). It will never let you down and always looks the part. With this you’ve no reason to ever feel you may need to graduate up to another bass, even if you end up in a really good gigging band.

Then versatility. This bass is good for any style of music. The pickups switch from passive to active. It’s got five pots for maximum tone and volume mixing. And IMO it looks and plays great for jazz, funk, soul, rock or metal.

So why am I selling? Because my recently-acquired Tbirds are now all I play and none of my other basses are getting a look in. And instruments need to be played.

Many thanks for looking.

Edited by Kitsto