Why become a member? ×

SOLD_FS: Sadowsky UV 5 string metro maple (price drop)
£1400

johnpaulbass

On Sale here a Sadowsky UV Metro Series from 2008.

Ash body and maple neck. The bass has been played a lot, so if you're looking for a "hardcase queen mint bass" that's not the bass for you.

Here's the short story of how I got it: the bass was bought via ebay from a guy in England.
In the description the seller wrote that the bass had some "light scratches" due to normal usage. It was an auction, I won it an the bass arrived. Sadly, when the bass arrived, those "light scratches" were seriuous scars and hits on the "lower part" of the body... in the area of the imput jack.The "light scatches" are indeed present on the body. But there was no word for those damages.

After a dispute (I have all the emails) with the seller we have agreed to settle the things down so he paid for the repair job and it was done by a very talented luthier from my Country (I can provide the contact of the luthier too). The bass was repaired (repainted in the area of the imput jack). The string holder (rusty) was replaced and the knobs (oxidated) were also replaced. I was fortunate enough to find a nice Basschatter who gave me the VTC one (the last stacked knob on the Sadowsky). The other ones are not original. I will provide all the original parts with the bass. Also, the neck is "dark" from the usage as some maple neck become.
I really have NO IDEA what the previous owner did with the bass and to be sincere I was quite shocked when I received, but as soon as I've plugged it the bass sounded massive. Like a true Sadowsky should. Even the luthier told me that the electronics are flowless (thank God).
Said so, after the repair, I took the bass for a tour this summer (around 50 gigs) and played it almost exclusively. There were absoultely NO problems at all. The neck is straight, tuning perfect, no buzzing.

Why am I selling it ? Soundwise and projectwise these days I'm in a hunt for a more modern sounding bass so this one has to go (I do have another Sadowsky at home). There's absolutely no other reason.

The price is set accordingly to the state of the instrument and includes the expenses that I've paid to adjust it properly and somehow in line with the European market.
I hope that interested buyers keep in mind my sincirety in exposing the instrument status so please no absurd proposes and I'm really not looking for a trade here. The price is negotiable.

Also I can provide additional photos of the repair process to serious buyers. Please, no time wasters. If you don't have a serious will to buy it don't write. Thanks

The bass is located in Slovenia and I can ship it at buyers costs.

Thank you

Edited by johnpaulbass