Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Harley Benton HB-60 Semi-Acoustic Bass
£120

tazza1

Hi,

I am going to be selling a lot of my collection of basses as we are having my music room (AKA The garage) converted into another living room so space to keep my gear will be limited & some of them have already had to be stored at my parents house.

I have this lovely Harley Benton HB-60 Semi-Acoustic bass for sale which I bought around 18 months ago. These are surprisingly good quality basses & I was really surprised by how nicely it plays & it does the vintage sound really well. I think it would sound fantastic with a set of flatwounds on it - I just never got round to doing it. It's a really nice looking bass too.

I've only used it for a couple of rehearsals with my band as I now have an EB3 that I use so it is as new (they're £213 new from Thomann) & I can't see any marks on it anywhere.

These are the specs taken from the Thomann web site:[list]
[*]Vintage Series
[*]Build type: Hollow body
[*]Body: Maple with arched top
[*]Neck: Canadian maple, set-in
[*]Neck profile: C
[*]Fretboard: Rosewood
[*]Thumb fretboard inlays
[*]22 Frets
[*]Scale: 775 mm
[*]Nut width: 43 mm
[*]Cream-coloured body and neck bindings
[*]Double action truss rod
[*]Pickups: 2 vintage humbuckers
[*]1 Tone knob
[*]2 Volume knobs
[*]3-Way toggle switch
[*]Hardware: Chrome
[*]Wooden bridge
[*]Trapeze tailpiece
[*]Comes with strings: 050 - 105
[*]Colour: Walnut brown
[*]Finish: High gloss
[/list]
It does not come with a case or gig bag & I no longer post basses out after previously having problems with a couple of my basses being damaged by couriers so I'm afraid it is collection only.
However this can be collected from my workplace in Leicester (I can be available weekday evenings but unfortunately you won't be able to play it through an amp there - If you want to try it out I can bring my Pandora & headphones & you can play it through that) [b]or[/b] it can be collected from my house near Norwich during the weekend where you can try it out through my amp (I would need a few days notice though so I can retrieve it and the amp from where they're stored). I've added some pics taken with my smartphone so I'm afraid they're not the best!

Thanks for looking
Tazza

Edited by tazza1