Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass (Mexican) 3 Colour Sunburst + R/W with Hard Case
£460

von Braun

Evening all.

This is a mint 2006 Standard Jazz Bass from the Fender anniversary collection (I'm not sure what difference that makes but it does have dinky silver badge on the back of the head-stock saying so....which is nice), I had a Badass II fitted by the Southampton luthier of note, Vince Hockey. Vince also set the bass up to my spec at the same time. I have also fitted a Fender original part tortoise shell plate, to give it that sixties classic Jazz look, which IMHO is the best match with 3 colour sunburst but I will throw in the original white plate for those that prefer that look.

Although this bass has an alder body, the wood does have a very fine figuring which is visible through the yellow part of the paint job, more in line with a good piece of ash, unfortunately that doesn't show up too well in the pictures. The rosewood fret-board is also a very fine piece of wood and has been recently oiled.

The bass has barely left the house in the nine years I've had it and has no wear apart from a couple of minuscule scratches on the black underside below the control plate which in the interests of glasnost I have attempted to show.

I'm putting this up for sale as (although very pretty and very playable) it just isn't getting the use it should and having just acquired a very good EBMM Sterling (from Gareth on this site), all my rehearsal and future gigging bases are covered, so to speak.

I purchased this new in 2007 from the now sadly defunct Fret Music of Southampton.

Spec as follows:

2006 Mexican Jazz Bass - Serial number MZ606xxxx
3 Colour Sunburst
Maple/Roswood neck with clay dot markers
Badass II bridge
Strung with D'Addario flats. Plenty of life left in these.
Tortoise shell scratchplate (original Fender part from Thomann)
Original white scratchplate included
Weight is 4.65 kg or 10.25 lbs (this is noticeably lighter than my Squire VM Jazz)
Will be shipped with a generic hard case (Stagg) which is very serviceable and also in very good condition.

I am located in Southampton but I am happy to courier this within the UK (with insurance) at cost to buyer.

Need to thin out the general instrument collection, so not currently thinking of trades.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Ash