Why become a member? ×

Carlo (Lakland) 44- 76 Mahogany bodied fretless
£1750

fretless bob

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hey guys[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]If you know who Carl Pedigo is then you'll understand what were looking at here but just incase... Carl Pedigo is one of the originals people involved in the design and production of Lakland, he has made a lot of instruments for very famous players over the years and Currently works at Lakland as well as building instruments under his own name, his Workshop is in the lakland shop in Chicago where this instrument was made. Basically if you want an instrument from Lakland with unusual specs you talk to Carl.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]It was made by Carl Pedigo for me and was Delivered in January 2015.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]It has had quite a bit of live and studio use since delivery.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The condition of the instrument is 9/10. There is minimal f'board wear, a couple of small dings and a bit of sweat staining on the back of the neck. The F'board edges are nicely rolled and the bass really sings.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414]The bass is very much made to be a stingray killer, I had Carl come as close to the sound of a pre ernie ball fretless bass (ala Pino Palladino) as possible with a few modern tweaks. The bass has a fretless rosewood board with white sidelines and ebony lines through the rest of the board, Very visible to the player but barely visible to anybody watching. The Neck is a beautiful piece of Birdseye Maple. The body is a lightweight piece of mahogany and has a natural oil finish, I was trying to keep the instrument sounding as open as possible so didn't want a heavy coat of paint on it. The bass has ultralight Hipshot tuners, a Hipshot A style bridge that strings through the body and Dunlop straplocks all in Chrome.[/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]the Bass originally came fitted with a Delano MM style pickup and the Lakland Hanson 3 band EQ which i used for about 6 months before switching it out for a Nordstrand MM 4.2 and 2b MM preamp. This has left the bass with a couple of empty pot holes on the front that i currently have stoppers in. The original pickup and pre are included in the sale.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I've used this bass on gigs all across the world in the last year, It has played at many major UK festivals including Glastonbury festival. it sounds and plays killer..![/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]There is a Lakland Case which i'll ship the bass in. [/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The Bass is located in London, United Kingdom. I'll Ship the bass anywhere worldwide at the Buyers expense. Paypal and Bank transfer is accepted. I'm only looking for a sale to fund another instrument purchase so no trades please.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Please ask me any questions and thanks for looking.[/font][/color]

[attachment=225195:IMG_3446.jpg][attachment=225196:IMG_3447.jpg][attachment=225197:IMG_3448.jpg][attachment=225198:IMG_3449.jpg][attachment=225199:IMG_3450.jpg][attachment=225200:IMG_8667.jpg][attachment=225201:IMG_8684.jpg][attachment=225202:IMG_9511.jpg]

Edited by fretless bob

• 1 month later...