Why become a member? ×

Tube recommendation / experiences re THD Bivalve

KF2B

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Greetings,[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Long story short, due to a rather complicated trade-in/sale/buy situation I have the possibility of getting a [/font][/color][url="http://www.thdelectronics.com/product_page_bivalve30.html"]THD Bivalve[/url][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] - a class A 30 watt self-biasing guitar amp. I've searched and read the little I've found about using it as a bass amp; I have understood that it works OK for bass, as long as one does not except much headroom nor SPL. Luckily for the purpose I am planning to use it for neither is of importance, so...[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I'd like to hear user experiences / well founded opinions on using the THD Bivalve with a bass. I'm also interested on your take regards to what tubes I should use it with on said purpose. The options are [/font][/color][url="http://static.music123.com/derivates/19/001/252/505/DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_480238_chassis_above.jpg"]mindbogling[/url][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,], and especially so as the [/font][/color]
[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]head allows for using various types of tubes at the same time.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Thanks,[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]J.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]ps. THD recommend 12AT7 with 6550. The 6550 I get, the 12AT7 came as a surprise but then again I am ignorant :dash1:[/font][/color]

Edited by KF2B