Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky periodic cleaning

Hi!, I was thinking about cleaning my bass and I picked the Everyday Polish that was included and I was wondering what would be the proper way of doing a periodic maintenance of any bass, any ideas?, Is there something else needed apart from the Everyday Polish?

Thanks!

Johann

It sounds like it will all be lacquered or painted then. For the most part, wipe it over with a damp cloth. Use very little water/moisture. You could put a spot of washing up liquid on the cloth; not much.
Dry it off with an old towel, then polish the metal parts. Solvol is good for the metal.

Don't be tempted to use any furniture spray "polish". Sprays contain silicone. Those things leave the surface sticky and will cause it to get dirty again faster. They also make it near impossible to spray with paint or lacquer at anytime in the future.

[quote name='bajistaman' timestamp='1467652770' post='3085172']
Thank you! When applying Solvol, should I protect the non metal parts? How should I clean the tight places?
[/quote]
With a rosewood neck the wood isn't lacquered, so the grain is open to getting Solvol in the little spaces in the wood. You Maple neck is lacquered so it should be ok, but masking tape over the wood will protect it against rubbing and getting any cleaner on it.

When cleaning only use a small bobble of cleaner at a time. No need to go mad with it.