Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Ampeg SVT15E

Alastair

Ok so I got this cab off a fellow TBer a coupla months back as he offered it with the head I was buying for a good price so I took it. Never intended to really buy it though! The main reason I'm selling is due it it's size - it aint the biggest cab (nor the heaviest) in the world but for me...well I'm looking at the Aggie DB112 to give you an idea of the scale/weight I'm wanting for my rig. As you can imagine the Ampeg doesn't quite fit that requirement.

However, tone-wise it is everything I want (annoyingly :)), and bloody hell does it make sweet noise! I'm sure everyone on here is familiar with the SVT tone so I won't labour the point.

The cab itself is in fine condition with some light marks on the ampeg badge and elsewhere. It's a USA model and new they retail for around £330.

I'm looking for about [size=4][b]£180[/b][/size], which I think is a more than fair price for such a great cab.
[size=4][b]However[/b][/size] I am up for trades too, and as I say above I'm interested in an aguilar DB112 - I'd consider a trade for one or something similar (plus cash if needs be :huh:)

Pick up only, I can meet in Glasgow if needs be though. If you wish to collect from where I stay I'm about 25 mins outside glasgow to the west (just to give you an idea).

Here are the specs from Ampeg:

[b]LF Drivers: [/b]1 x 15” Cast
[b]Voice Coil: [/b]2.5”
[b]Magnet Weight (each):[/b] 80 oz
[b]RMS Power Handling: [/b]200-Watts
[b]Frequency Response (-3dB):[/b] 50Hz-3kHz
[b]Usable Low Frequency (-10dB):[/b] 33Hz
[b]Nominal Impedance:[/b] 8-Ohms
[b]Sensitivity:[/b] 98dB
[b]Maximum SPL:[/b] 123dB
[b]Dimensions (W x H x D inches): [/b]24 x 22 x 16
[b]Weight:[/b] 72 Pounds

And here is a photo:

I will try to get some better, more detailed shots up tomorrow.

Thanks!

Edited by Alastair

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately that seems to be the general consensus :)

No local interest and a total pain in the arse to ship. I was selling this with a view to upgrade but I no longer have the cash to spare so I'm gonna withdraw for the time being.

Thanks for any interest shown, much appreciated. I'm sure this one'll be back up for sale at some point next year when I will (hopefully) have more money!