Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger MB500 bass head £290!
£750

CABS AND BOOST PEDAL NOW SOLD

[u][color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Super portable, very loud and super lightweight rig. Absolutely perfect for the busy travelling bassist.[/size][/font][/color][/u]

[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Slightly reluctant sale. If you want to hear know more about why I'm selling feel free to ask in a PM. [/size][/font][/color]

[b][color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Gallien Krueger MB500 head: £300 (including postage) [/size][/font][/color][/b]
[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3](brand new- £418)[/size][/font][/color]

[b][color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1 x GK Neo 112 II cab: £250 [/size][/font][/color][/b]
[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3](brand new- £371 each)[/size][/font][/color]

[b][color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Both cabs: £450 [/size][/font][/color][/b]
[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3](brand new- £742)[/size][/font][/color]

[i][color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]If bought all together, I'll throw in two 1m speakon cables too. [/size][/font][/color][/i]

[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]These cabs are surprisingly loud on their own, and are capable of powering most gigs however when you have them both together it is something else. Must be to do with the surface area or something. I find they sound best stacked vertically for that reason. To top it off they are REALLY surprisingly light to hold. Almost anyone can find themselves carrying both cabs leisurely (one in each hand) from a vehicle to a venue etc and they fit very comfortably in even some of the smallest of vehicles (my own 3 door Ford Fiesta being a strong example). [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]They are in perfect working order and the tweeters are powerful as ever too however I prefer them turned all the way down but that's just my preference. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Only thing worth mentioning about them is the usual, minor cosmetic damage from being used for gigging. I have pictured the very worst of it, which are the undersides of each cab so if you stacked them horizontally no one would ever know anyway.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Now the MB500 head is ridiculously LOUD for such a compact piece of technology. It is so tiny and thin and weighs next to nothing, you can literally take it anywhere without it ever being a problem. It will fit in rucksacks, probably allot of handbags and even in the zip pocket of my soft case. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Going back to how loud it is, 500 watts @ 4ohms and 350 @ 8ohms to be precise. I rarely get both the gain and master past 9 o'clock. It has a built in boost channel with a matching foot-switch which is a cool function, especially if you don't tend to use many pedals but want a volume boost for a chorus or lead part or something![/size][/font][/color]

[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]ONE THING worth mentioning about the head is that I don't think the DI output works properly, last time I tried to use it it was crackly and very quiet. But it's not really bothered me at all since because I just take a DI box around with me or ask the sound man for one and plug directly into that and then use the link to go into the head. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I'm sure if it's a real problem for you though it should be easy enough to fix if you know a really handy sound techy person. I actually think I might still have a warranty for it but I've never bothered a) for the reason stated above. B) because I've heard Gallien Krueger are a bit of a nightmare to get hold of and their customer service is a bit poor so didn't wanna risk being without it for weeks, maybe even months.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Anyway, send me a PM if you're interested. [/size][/font][/color]
[u][color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Open to reasonable offers OR trades but ONLY if they are: [/size][/font][/color][color=#ff8c00][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Orange Bass Tiny Terror[/size][/font][/color][color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] or [/size][/font][/color][color=#ff8c00][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]AD200b MKIII[/size][/font][/color][color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] or a nice [/size][/font][/color][color=#0000cd][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Fender guitar amp[/size][/font][/color][/u][color=#373E4D][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][u].[/u] [i]May require a little cash to make up the difference of value though. :)[/i]smile emoticon[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Zak Tozer