Why become a member? ×

MarkBass CMD121P combo, with Roqsolid cover, extra handle and extra tweeter *** SOLD ***
£450

mcnach

This is my beloved MarkBass combo...
I bought it in the Summer of 2013. Made in Italy, it weighs a mere 13Kg. It's very compact, but the 12" speaker is a loud beast. The combo can output 500W with an extension speaker, or 300W into the built-in speaker alone. The head is essentially a MarkBass Little Mark III (the newer version with switchable post/pre DI and level control for the DI).

I have played many gigs with the combo alone, as it makes the perfect stage monitor: it's easy to carry and much much louder than its size would suggest. I have also played a few gigs with just the combo, without any support, in small bars in town such as City Cafe, Hemma, Badabing and numerous pubs, as long as you are not playing Motorhead covers ;). With the addition of an extension speaker, however, you get a very powerful yet compact rig. I play in a ska/funk band with two trumpets and a sax, three guitars and a drummer... and this amp has never let me down.

The amp has seen a lot of action, as it is so portable I was using it as a practice amp at home as well. I have been reluctant to sell it, but I'm using a different modular solution these days and I don't have room for all...
It comes with a RoqSolid cover that has a pocket where you can keep cables and accessories.
The amp is in good cosmetic condition as I've always looked after it and kept in covered when not in use.

I have however replaced the ends of the handle. The original ones are made of hard plastic, and last year I took it apart to check whether the rubber was fraying, as I heard there were some issues sometimes... and I discovered that the central plastic post was nearly sheared off!!! This would have meant that one day I could have been walking down the stairs with it and... crack, whops... there goes the amp! So I located a similar handle with metal attachments and used that instead, for safety.
You can see in one of the pictured that the metal ends have a slightly different shape.
I also have a replacement MarkBass handle, new and unused, that you can have. I contacted MarkBass regarding the handle issue and they simply sent me a new handle. I never installed because I trust the metal ones more... but if you want to restore the original look, you can.

In addition I have a replacement tweeter. It's supposed to have a smoother better sound than the original, but I never bothered to fit it to test it... I have no use for it once the combo goes so if you want it, I'll give it to you free as well.

All this for £450. :)

Edited by mcnach