Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD Fender Jazz MIM with upgrades
£350

Shylock

As I recently acquired a Fender Jazz US American Traditional I have decided to sell my MIM version.

Product dated 2007-2008 the Bass is in lovely condition save for three chips in the back of the body. These were knowingly present when I bought it but they can’t be seen from the front and since purchase I have to covered them with creamish nail varnish which has made them a lot less obvious than the bare wood.They look better than the photos show as I have applied a number of coats of nail varnish since.

The neck is brilliant and I was informed when I bought it that it had been upgraded with Radioshop Pickups Handwound Vintage '62 Jazz Bass Pickups.

The pickups can be checked out at [url="http://www.radioshoppickups.com/bass-pickups/"]http://www.radioshop...m/bass-pickups/[/url] – but unfortunately I do not have any documents to confirm their presence. However they look the same as on their website under their covers and they have cloth covered wiring so definitely not the stock pick ups. I think they cost around £140.

The bass sounds really smooth and warm whist still maintaining that jazz rasp. I did consider swapping them into the American Traditional but have decided to retain this in stock guise.

Bridge cover and thumb rest included and it is a much better looking bass than the American Traditional and I am really unsure which one to sell. Just can’t justify two jazzes.

So a great looking and sounding jazz with little wear apart from the three chips which are mitigated by having upgraded pick ups and bridge cover.

In view of these upgrades I am looking for £350 and as regards trades maybe a Orange Terror bass amp or with cash your way a Gibson EB Bass.

Collection only however as I have no case but I am willing to travel to meet up if not too far I live near Loughborough about 15/20 mins from J23 M1.

Edited by Shylock