Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn

walplayer

I know i'm gonna regret this ,this is the only bass i've consistently enjoyed playing apart from the Wals.
Chris has only made around 250 basses in 30 years,so most of you probably not came across one before.
Made by hand in Co. Kerry [url="http://chrislarkinguitars.com/"]http://chrislarkinguitars.com/[/url]
Chris' work is some of the best i've seen ,and his Blen E.U.B. is awesome too.
Original Kent Armstrong pick ups ,3 band active (bass, mid, treble) controls ,volume (pulls up for passive),pickup pan ,passive tone.Has a few little dings in finish but pretty much all in the back(and some crazing of the lacquer too on back)
Gorgeous Figured maple over mahogany body,and the finish/colours are incredible
Has light strings on at moment and a nice action .

Will get some more pics up soon,the finish has more blue in than the pics suggest depending on the light it's in.These are just under 2grand new

Any interest pm me

looking for £780 !!! now £650!!!!
Cheers
Pete

Edited by walplayer

I know ,it's such a class instrument,if it goes be great if it went back home .pm'd you some details

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='287394' date='Sep 19 2008, 03:56 PM']You will seriously regret getting rid of this! I know I did when I sold my single cut :)

Chris Larkin is an amazing luthier and all round nice chap. And thats a steal of a price too; sorely tempted myself. Where you based mate?[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi
after putting some heavier strings on the other day ,i removed the truss rod cover to give the neck a tweak,to find that a previous owner has rounded the truss rod nut unfortunately,so until i get it sorted think is only fair to withdraw it from sale.
In one way i wish i'd not changed the strings (never had cover off it before)but i think is probably good job i discovered it.

if can be sorted(?)an i put it back up will let you know,never had this problem before just hope haven't got to have fingerboard off!
The set-up is ok on it,i just wouldn't want to sell it on without the truss rod working properely(especially if is an expensive fix!)

Pete

Edited by walplayer