Why become a member? ×

Lightweight combo?

SaxyBassist

A good reason for getting another cab to use with your RH450 is that you're using a consistent amp all the time, assuming you deploy the EQ, compression & distortion features - as well as having that great little tuner. This is why I ended up with a second RH450 for practice use, along with a 10" super light Genz Benz cab.

I share your discomfort with weight, and shed no tears at the departure of my depleted uranium Trace Elliott 4x10 combo (60kg!!!). The GenzBenz NEOX212T cab that replace it is a peach at 22kg. But it is big and awkward to lift out of the boot (not a problem for me yet, though). I toyed with getting 2 12" cabs to give me the choice of going with a single cab, but I think I'd always have ended up taking both, as 2 sounds *so* much better than one.

Mind you, I can't imagine a pub jam situation where a decent modern 2x10, like you aready have, wouldn't be adequate!

[quote name='SaxyBassist' timestamp='1450122511' post='2929855']
My head is spinning now :gas: ..... actually I reckon I could solve the problem if I took up weight training! :lol:
[/quote]

Despite making lightweight cabs I'm a big advocate of the benefits of throwing some weights around - especially as it allows you to eat more chocolate! ;) RH450 into a One10 would be nice, as would a micro-stack with the Promethean on the One10 (one One10 will play almost as loud as an RS210).