Why become a member? ×

G&L L5500 Now sold.
£650

mart3442

[b]Selling my G&L L5500 5 string Bass. Quite a rare model, less than 500 of these were produced in the '90's, as a stopgap between the L5000 and the as yet unfinished L2500 that we all know today.[/b]
[b]Features the original and better looking (to my eyes) 4 over 1 headstock design, the body shape is slightly sleeker than the 2500.
Pickups are EMG with the EMG active bass/treble concentric tone pot, other controls are master Volume and pickup pan pot. The active circuit runs on a nine volt battery, but I know you can convert it to run on 18 volts for more headroom.
The bridge is a chunky affair, featuring side screws that lock all the saddles together, neckplate is a 6 bolt micro tilt arrangement.[/b]
[b]The neck is rock maple with a rosewood fingerboard. The body is Ash and is finished with one of G&L's "premium" finishes, Honeyburst.[/b]
[b]The neck dimensions are Stingray (ish), but definitely more meaty.[/b]
[b]In very good condition for a 20+ year old bass, there is a small chip on the headstock scroll, but thats it. Comes in its original G&L hardcase, which has the logo for LA based band Firebug sprayed on it, as the guy I bought this from, was their bassplayer in the late '90's/early 2000's.[/b]
[b]Finish is not as dark as the pics make it appear.[/b]

[b]Any questions, please ask. Buyer is welcome to collect, or I will send by courier, but this will be around £35,00.[/b]
[b]Cheers.[/b]

Edited by mart3442