Why become a member? ×

wireless system

Pkomor

Hi.
Thought i'd chuck my penneth in!
I've tried the freebass out some time ago, and wasn't too impressed with the noise etc?
I have now purchased the AKG WMS40-PRO Flexx, same price as the freebass, and IMO much better!
I have NO loss of signal/Eq etc No unwanted noise, the range isn't brilliant though, i get to say 40/50 mtrs from
the receiver and a iget a deffo kind of "delay" in signal, but isn't too much to worry about.
The Flexx system i have is UHF, has 3 selectable frequencies (which came in handy the first time i used it as the compere was on the same freq` and my bass roared out of their squeeky PA system lmao!!)
It is rack mountable, with a kit costing around 14/15 quid. Solidly built.
The body pack has it's own "gain" control with a built in tool in the battery compartment lid! How cool is that?!
I deffo recommend these babies i think the specs say they are as low as 35Hz? So that would account why i have NO loss in signal/Eq etc..
Battery life is supposed to be about 30hrs Off 1x AA battery, i've done two gigs with the same crappy battery, and it's
still Ok!
You can however (ahem!) purchase a battery charger (er.. for rechargeable batteries of course) that the bodypack plugs into, withdrawing the need to ever open up the battery compartment once a rechargeable battery is inserted, and the internal gain is set to it. BUT, here's the downside, this charger costs in the region of £150 (cough - splutter!)
So i'm gonna take my chances with normal everyday batteries (alkaline).
So, in summary, if, like me, you don't have a millionaires lifestyle, but really want/need a wireless system, BUY THIS ONE!
Oh, one more thing to remember, with a wireless system, you aint "plugged" directly into your amp etc, which in turn means you aint gonna get fried!
Plus, i've noticed with my gear thus far, the reduction in my single coil HUM problem!??

hope this helps y'all!

Db

[quote name='justgone' post='516249' date='Jun 17 2009, 11:08 AM']the range isn't brilliant though, i get to say 40/50 mtrs from
the receiver and a iget a deffo kind of "delay" in signal, but isn't too much to worry about.[/quote]

"You canna change the laws of physics"

Takes time for your note to get through all that air, both ways, no matter what radio system you use.