Why become a member? ×

Improvisation for the one I'm waiting for

Che

I just made this short improvisation with 2 basses and 1 guitar + some simple drum beat for extra feel. I like the idea of bass being the lead instrument (and rhythm too of course).
https://soundcloud.com/papa-dusko/improvisation-for-the-one-im-waiting-for-2
All comments welcome especially if you know how i can improve my sound!
Cheers!

Edited by Che

Hi Rikki and thanks for replying!

I hope you dont mind elaborating a bit more on the lead bass you mentioned; Do you feel it to bee too thin sounding, lacking some fx or maybe would sound better without the reverb? I will try and do something else with the lead bass and post later for comparison ....

Thanks!

Thanks! I did try to add some chorus to it but no matter what I did the solo bass didnt sound good with the rest. To my ears it still sounded best in the original posted here. Of course the solo itself could have been better timed and better composed I guess.
I will let this one rest for now and see if others have more to say.

Actually I couldn't let it rest :yarr: I went ahead and did some more editing and now I think (I DARE TO THINK) that I nailed it sound wise and EQ wise;
I now added Chorus to the solo bass and turned its volume a bit down. I also added Saturation 4 x in the master mix and I changed the phase on the rhythm bass. I also gave the guitar some bottom end.

what say you ?
New version HERE; https://soundcloud.com/papa-dusko/improvisation-for-the-one-im-waiting-for-with-chorussaturation