Why become a member? ×

Ch-ch-ch-changes

thebeat

I get bored easily and i like bright colours....i'm not much removed evolution wise from a chimp when it comes to stuff like that...i have the big arms and hands to prove it too.

Anyway for those who care here is a before and after make over of the infamous forum P Special:

Before

After

This here is the Highway 1 P bass that i bought from Ebay the oher week:

Before

After

I've ordered a pink and blue, paisley pattern, pickguard for the Highway 1, so the red guard may not be for good...even though i do dig it like a chimp digging for termites.

Both basses sound pretty damn good with the intonation of the Highway 1 being spot on first time...i think that it suits the jazz neck better than the P Special ever did.

yeah that highway one is pretty cool! and i always thought that maple neck loked weird on the red precision, but it looks sooo much cooler with the rosewood! good call changing necks! any reason to swap bridges, or do you just prefer the highway one or something so given it the better bridge?

[quote name='lwtait' post='278168' date='Sep 5 2008, 07:57 PM']any reason to swap bridges, or do you just prefer the highway one or something so given it the better bridge?[/quote]

Yeah, prefer the simplicity of the standard P...too many controls confuse chimp :) The P Special does really suit the rosewood neck, doesn't it?