Why become a member? ×

FS: Alleva Coppolo(s) Spanish Cedar and Khari Simmons Proto
£3450

achavarin

Hello fellow bass players!

Here are for your consideration 2 Alleva Coppolo bass guitars. Both of them are quite special, and NEW.

[b]Bachelorette number one is a 5 string Alleva Coppolo Spanish Cedar body 5 string bass. [/b]

This bass was offered to me by Jimmy after he got a bit of Spanish Cedar wood. He emailed me and told me that because I live in Spain and I help procure AC basses in Spain it would be nice that the first Spanish Cedar bass came over. And It did. It was handed over to me by Jimmy on Christmas Day 2014 with another bass.

This is One of a Kind, Jimmy has enough wood for about 6 bodies and so far only this one has been built. Natural finish. Pickups as usual are homegrown Alleva Coppolo (I believe in the 60s position), active/passive push/pull tone pot. Preamp is very transparent with boost only treble and bass. Very nice balance to it. Neck is fast, fretboard Jimmy told me is about 60 year old wood. Plays great.
Sound wise it has a bit of emphasis on the low-mids and a great growl. Adjusts great and capable of a nice low action. It has no markings on the back of the headstock (apparently there was a bit of problem with the laser engraving machine). The Bass is NEW.

Price for her is 3450 GBP, Shipped from Spain. Good price considering she is one of a kind. Haggling is highly encouraged and expected

[b]Here are the Pics[/b]

[attachment=197838:AC Cedar Body.JPG][attachment=197839:AC Cedar Neck.JPG]

[b]Bachelorette number two is a 4 String Alleva Coppolo Khari Simmons Artist Series Prototype #4.[/b]

This one is one of four prototypes built for Khari Simmons. The tale goes Khari lost his jazz bass many years ago, something about the bass being in the basement and the house sold. He wanted a bass that captured the essence of that lost bass. Well that lost bass was one of the early 80s fenders, probably from the Dan Smith era, other prototypes had the stratocaster buttons on them and the white pickup covers, this one only has the pickup covers in white.

It is made of select basswood finished in three color sunburst (being a prototype it has a very small finish flaw inside one of the horns), white pickguard, white pickup covers. Homegrown Alleva Coppolo pickups, and PASSIVE. Rosewood (indian) fretboard, neck has the satin vintage tint. The sound is nice and round, not too edgy. Very comfortable to play. Adjusts great and capable of very low action. This one is also NEW.

Price for her is 1900 GBP, Shipped from Spain. Great price considering there are only 4 prototypes,

Like I stated before, I am open to a bit of haggling, horse trading and so on.

[b]Here are the Pics. [/b]

[attachment=197840:AC KS Body.jpg][attachment=197841:AC KS Neck.jpg]

Edited by achavarin