Why become a member? ×

Vintage Fender (ish) Jazz
£350

cushymac

This is an excellent original jazz bass with a great vintage look and feel. It has been professionally set up and plays amazingly well – the action is low and there is plenty of mojo (hate that word!), growl and love from this bass.

I am told that the body and pickups are original 1970s CMI Jazz (Cleartone Music Instruments) made in Japan and apparently they were made for Marshall Amplification. It is solid mahogany and a very good quality instrument. The tone is big and exceptionally good from the vintage humbuckers. I have had the pups professionally serviced and waxed to improve their lifespan and stop any microphonic feedback. The electrics are shielded to reduce any earthing issues. They are awesome.

The bridge was changed to a 70s 4 saddle version but have the original 2 saddle bridge which can be included.
The neck is not original and is from an old Fender Squire jazz I believe. It was aged to match the body and I must say it has been done exceptionally well. Every attention has been given to the feel of the neck as well as the look. The frets have been smoothed and aged slightly, which dramatically improves the playability and mojo of the neck. The neck has also been smoothed down and re-finished in a satin feel vintage lacquer.

There is an appropriate Fender logo on there, which I am not really keen on, but apart from that I love everything else about the bass. The sound, feel and playability are exceptional in my opinion. Comes in the case - it's nothing special but really solid and protects the bass well, which is what you expect from a case and it does the job.

I am only selling this as I play more drums than bass these days and I need to release some funds to buy some more percussion. It is not on for much money (£350) so I’m not interested in offers at this stage. As far as trades are concerned I could be tempted to a Hagstrom Viking Baritone as I have wanted one for ages (for some reason) If this came up I would have to park the idea of drum stuff and do a deal.

I am based in Swansea for collection but could post.
[attachment=193492:Jazz1.jpg] [attachment=193493:Jazz2.jpg] [attachment=193494:Jazz3.jpg]
[attachment=193495:Jazz4.jpg] [attachment=193496:Jazz5.jpg] [attachment=193497:Jazz6.jpg]

Edited by cushymac

• 2 weeks later...