Why become a member? ×

Hohner RP200 Pro G**t*r

Hi,

since this g**t*r hasn't left it's case for nigh on 4 years, it's time for it to move on, not least because I'm after a shiny 5 string bass. It's a great guitar, really low action, fast comfortable player and nice sounding pickups. Gorgeous to look at too. It has a couple of electrical faults at present - one of the pots is broken due to me putting on a knob on that was too small for the pot, and when I pulled it off again it ripped the centre out so now it goes in and out like a push/pull but doesn't actually pass signal. This will obviously need to be replaced. At some point I swapped out the pickups for some Duncans, but they sounded rubbish compared to the stock ones so back in they went. There is some buckle rash to the back of the guitar, and the bridge and pickup plating is wearing off round the edges from contact with my sweaty teenage mitts. It's in a custom made flight case at the moment, made for me by the Stagebox in Blackpool, and, as you can see from the photos, is in a tasteful blue carpet with galvy corners on the outside, and a leopard print fur on the inside; This truly is the guitar case of a pimp-daddy. If you don't want the case (and I'm more than happy to keep it for when I get another headless bass) then I'll obviously knock some off the price, but I will have to go and find a load of boxes to cannibalise to make a guitar-worthy postage receptacle. The guitar doesn't currently have strap buttons because it had schaller locks which were donated to one of my basses, but I sort of know where they are and will re-unite them with the guitar before posting!

£130 posted in b1tchn' hardcase, all proceeds go to the GAS fund. Make me an offer on the case alone if you like, and as alwats, if you're local, come and have a bash before you buy, it's a great playing guitar that's unfortunately become wardrobe fodder. Come and pick it up yourself if you're local, and I'll deliver it myself within a reasonable distance if it's mutually convenient.

Now £75 posted without case, £100 with case

J

Edited by jamesf

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for price drop, now £115 delivered in hard case, £75 without case.

J

[edit] the guitar isn't actually pink! it's a medium-dark red and translucent orange in the middle! stupid camera-phone! [/edit]

Edited by jamesf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I may know someone who is interested - I'm looking for a Les Paul style guitar on her behalf for her son.

Are all the knobs now the right size, or are we talking about needing a replacement knob as well as pot (what spec pot is it that is required?)

Any chance of a couple of pics in daylight so they're not all blurred?

The knobs are all original and correct size - the pot it needs is 250k log iirc.

When I get my camera back on friday, I'll put up some decent shots as the ones up are awful and not representative!!

replied to PM, and via PM, still available