Why become a member? ×

Yamaha ne-1 parametric eq *SOLD*

jmanfunk

[u][b]Yamaha NE-1:[/b][/u] I originally got this mainly to sculpt the tone of a passive fender but haven't used it all that much since that bass' departure. A really interesting little box and a very valuable asset for any passive enthusiasts or indeed anyone who wants to seriously refine their sound and doesn't have a semi-para on their amp. The blurb from the yammie website-

[i]Developed by Yamaha over a decade ago for Nathan East, this "magic box" has helped him to achieve his signature sound with such artists as Eric Clapton, Elton John, Michael Jackson and the FourPlay. The NE-1 is a fully parametric equalizer designed to shape the mid-range of a bass's total spectrum. Three "Q" shape patterns allow you to apply creative and corrective equalization.[/i]

[u][b]£40 incl. postage[/b][/u]

Edited by jmanfunk

• 9 months later...

[quote name='sebasstian' post='504483' date='Jun 3 2009, 10:06 AM']Hi,

the post is some while ago, but is the device still available?

Regards,
Sebasstian[/quote]

Hi,

Actually, yes this is still available. I had decided to keep it for those 'just in case' moments but it hasn't seen the light of day since posting the ad. Shoot me a Pm if you're interested.

Jay.

My next head could well be without Parametric EQ, which I have recently found is great for tweaking the Low and high mids...more low than high for my particular bass...I will miss it and am interested in trying this...never seen it before. :)

It's a great bit of kit if your amp is indeed minus a semi-para. mid control. It's a real shame that Yamaha stopped production a while ago. I guess most people didn't know what it did or rather never saw a use for it. I had an Ebs outboard pre with a sweepable mid control and now a Genz Benz head with the same. It's a really useful control to have.

Also, this is sold to the gent from the continent :)

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='505915' date='Jun 4 2009, 10:37 PM']It's a great bit of kit if your amp is indeed minus a semi-para. mid control. It's a real shame that Yamaha stopped production a while ago. I guess most people didn't know what it did or rather never saw a use for it. I had an Ebs outboard pre with a sweepable mid control and now a Genz Benz head with the same. It's a really useful control to have.

Also, this is sold to the gent from the continent :)[/quote]

I could use something with a sweepable mid, like a "Pre-shape" that Trace Elliot do but now everyone installs them (Peavey with "Contour" and Markbass with "VPF").
So if you could suggest something I could use with Parametric EQ and sweepable mid that'd be cool.
What's the model you use you are on about?

[quote name='Kongo' post='506008' date='Jun 5 2009, 12:47 AM']I could use something with a sweepable mid, like a "Pre-shape" that Trace Elliot do but now everyone installs them (Peavey with "Contour" and Markbass with "VPF").
So if you could suggest something I could use with Parametric EQ and sweepable mid that'd be cool.
What's the model you use you are on about?[/quote]

Well besides the ne-1 I've listed here, I'm not aware of any other external parametric eq devices. But having a sweepable mid control where you can select what frequency you wish to cut or boost is just as good as fully parametric eq. The [url="http://www.bass.se/2007/microbass.htm"]EBS microbass II[/url] is something I'd highly recommend if you wanted greater control over how you shape your sound. Also, it acts as a line select, excellent D.I. and a few other things. Unfortunately, you pay for all these features :) I noticed a few in the for sale section recently.

I seriously regret selling mine!

Edited by jmanfunk