Why become a member? ×

A new technique with slapping?

Bit-Crusherrr

Ok, so here the scenario:

Playing away on my 5-string (which atm has the G missing since I broke it whilst doing a pop at an audition with my band), and I'm coming near the end of my practice, so I though I'd jam out some slap for the banter.

However, I know that Wooten does a pluck with his index and middle at a speed I'll never understand after slapping, so I started workin on it slowly. As I built up speed, I noticed that only my first finger maintained accuracy (bear in mind I NEVER usually practice Wooten's style), but after I had plucked the bottom string (this case D) with my index, I slammed down and across the string, with the nail of the same finger, keeping the finger in a hooked position, which gave a similar effect to the pop, by that I mean a similar clarity and loudness.

Have I discovered something or is there a name for it? I rarely stumble on little things like this since I'm about 70% fingerstyle and 30% tapping.

Cheers!