Why become a member? ×

Mesa Sold, The Rest Withdrawn
£1650

tanuki

I am clearing out a load of bass gear to raise funds:

I will take better photos ASAP and update the add but just trying to gauge interest:

I have the following for sale...

[b]NB Mesa 400+ on hold pending payment.[/b]

[b]Acoustic Image Focus 2R[/b]

Great class D powerhouse amp kicking out a total of 800w
There are two channels, each with individually controlled filters to cut annoying or harsh frequencies (amazing for use with double bass)

This is the ideal amp for electric / upright doubling gigs. With a double bass and an Aguilar 2x12 I was able to finally compete with a fairly loud band and it kicked out plenty of volume without any feedback, I was using a realist pickup and the two seem to match well.

As an electric amp it has a clean sound with a tubeyness to it, I used it on larger outdoor stages as a stand in for my Ampeg SVT through a big 2x15 and it had more than enough power.

As this amp is designed primarily for acoustic instruments it can aslo be use with any of these. I have done gigs where an acoustic guitarist or violinist is going through the other channel while I play double bass and they have always raved about the sound. Please note this also has build in reverbs and effects, although less used on bass they are great for any other acoustic instruments.

[b]Looking for £500 for this tiny beast.[/b]

[b]Bergantino 112 EX[/b]

A great sounding cab, loud for its size and great definition and bottom end.. These cabs are excellently build and sound amazing using electic or double bass. This is the version with no tweeter.

The cab is in great condition and sounds amazing.

[b]Price on this would be £350[/b]

[b]Mesa Boogie Bass 400+[/b]

This amp needs no introduction, a very loud all tube beast with more power than you could ever need. I got as an alternative to using an Ampeg SVT but financial pressures being the way they are I cannot justify keeping such as expensive amp as a spare! The amp is in good condition, a few scrapes and bumps consistent with the age of the amp but everything is as it should and it sounds great

I got this shipped over from the states last year and had it converted to UK power, all the tubes have plenty of life and it is currently being serviced before selling to ensure there are no surprises.

[b]On Hold Pending the usual.[/b]

[b]Im not really looking for trades on these as i am trying to raise funds to get a double bass and my dream precision!! All these can be viewed in Bristol or London by prior arrangement. [/b][b]I am also considering the sale of an american built Ampeg SVT VR when it returns from being serviced. A hard decision but get in touch if you are interested![/b]

Edited by tanuki

• 3 weeks later...

Bump

New pricing..
Mesa Boogie 400+ - Sold Pending Payment
Acoustic Image Focus - Sold Pending Payment
Bergantino - £325

Will take better pictures when i am back home.

Edited by tanuki

• 1 month later...

I have decided to keep the Acoustic Image and Bergantino. I have just got a new double bass and after a few weeks of playing have remembered why i got this setup in the first place because it sounds amazing! Many apologies to those that were interested, it is a hard choice as i need the cash and wanted a change but now going with the old "if it ain't broke..." theory.