Why become a member? ×

• Scale the Summit (Bass Cover)

André Boström

Hi, :D

A few weeks ago the Warwick Thumb NT 6 I'd been waiting for arrived. Thanks to CamdenRob for a swift and safe delivery. :)

During the winter break I thought I'd start getting grips with this beast. I'm used to four strings, so six was quite the change, but I really like it. The neck feels short on this thing compared to the rather long-feeling neck of my Jackson Kelly or Richwood. I don't really know why, to be honest. But it feels great to play. I believe it's because the body is short and the neck rests closer to the body. It makes things easier to play, too. After adjusting the action and setting it up with my preference, the sound... it's tremendous... it has a real roar to it. I really love this bass :gas:.

So with a new instrument comes new challenges, of course; and also fun. I'm going to be covering all of the tracks from The Migration and The Collective from the band Scale the Summit. Starting with Odyssey. I did a recording the other day which I thought I would share; didn't really know how loudly to mix the bass over the rest of the track, but it's a start. I will be getting a compressor but I am researching which one still. Maybe I'll make a few videos to showcase what this bass can do in the future. If you want to hear something specific which you would like me to record then let me know

I will update the thread continuously with new recordings. I will probably cover other tracks from other prog artists later on. Anyways, let's end this wall of text. Enjoy :) !

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oid7XXxhPVI"]https://www.youtube....h?v=oid7XXxhPVI[/url]

Instrument: Warwick Thumb NT 6
Audio Interface: Scarlett 2i2

- André

Edited by André Boström

• 4 weeks later...